I just finished my last day of work. A very weird feeling. I'm not going to lie I have been counting down the days ever since I found out I was pregnant. I was really excited to be done. I was excited to be done with all the frustrations that came from my job. I was done coming home ticked and venting to Chris about all the dumb stuff at work. I was excited to not have to wake up every morning and drive down to south west Provo through all the crappy construction. And I'm still excited to be done with all of that, but I didn't really think about the other side of things.
My social life has been that office day in and day out for 3 1/2 years. Those are the people that I spent 8 hours of my life with 5 days a week. I got to know about them and their families, and I cared about them and what was going on with their families. Even though most of them were middle aged men, they were my friends. And I just walked away from my friends that I talked to every day. And let's be honest they may miss me for a week or two as the new guy gets the hang of things, but they will eventually forget about me, and I'll just be another one of the old employees that came and went. I was just the crazy girl that brought a sassy, pessimistic attitude to work everyday. The girl that has gotten in trouble for talking too much since the Kindergarten. I'm sure not everyone liked me, but I hope some of them did. And part of me hopes that occasionally they will think, "I wish Jessica was here to help me out with this." I'd like to think I was of some worth there.
So, super mixed feelings right now. Ending one chapter of my life and moving on to another. Even as frustrating as this last chapter has been, I'm terrified for the next. The "unknown" of what I am getting myself into. I know it will be wonderful and I will love it, but lets be honest, it will be a big adjustment. I just hope I'm so busy I don't have too much time to think about it, and that this child is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I also hope those maternal instincts people talk about really do kick in to help me out.
Here is to the next chapter and what lies ahead!
The humble office in a very strange part of Provo, peace out!
1 comment:
I will miss you at work! I know we didn't get to chat much or even see each other that often, but you did a great job running your department even though that wasn't your specific job title! PS The new guy quit his first day so you have tough shoes to fill!
Post a Comment