Saturday the 14th I had my baby shower. It was a great success! We had lots of good food, and lots of friends and neighbors that stopped by. My mom did a great job putting everything together. Everyone was so nice and generous. Baby girl will have plenty of cute clothes to wear, even if she goes through 6 outfits a day.
I spent the first half of the week sorting through all the gifts and finding a place for them. I went through all of the clothes sorted them out by size, washed them and put them in the dresser. That was actually really overwhelming...don't really know why I felt so overwhelmed by it. My king size bed had piles and piles of clothes covering it.
The second half of the week I tried to clean up the house. Friday I kind of killed myself. Vacuuming and mopping doesn't mesh well with being pregnant. It's really annoying when you really want to get a lot done but your back it screaming "Please NO!". Saturday I was completely exhausted and dead, and didn't do anything I was so tired.
My doctors appointment this week was again uneventful. You shouldn't wish for something out of the ordinary to happen when you are at the doctor, but I wanted some sign that this child will be coming...but nothing. The doctor was surprised at how smiley and happy I was. I guess most women at this point hate their lives and just want the baby to come all ready. I'm doing okay though, and I'm still pretty nervous for her to come so I'm just relaxing while I have the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment