Ya for week 35! We are now counting down on one hand! Craziness. I feel like I'm growing quite fast now. It's really weird. I'm definitely getting to the "I'm really uncomfortable most of the time, and kinda of ready to be done phase". But I don't know if I'm all the way there yet. I can wait a few more weeks. Mostly because we are still not ready. The nursery is definitely not done yet, and she still doesn't have a name. And I'm sure there are lots of other little things that I don't have that I don't even know I need.
I'm still feeling pretty lucky. This pregnancy so far hasn't been that bad. There is definitely the crappy parts but from some of the horror stories I hear I'm doing pretty good.
- I'm still sleeping well....almost every night.
- Don't have any stretch marks yet....still knocking on wood.
- I have a little swelling but definitely not has bad as it could be. Let's hope I don't puff up a lot in these last few weeks.
- I don't really have aches and pains that bother me for long periods of time...at least not yet.
- I don't have bad heart burn. I get it occasionally, here and there, but nothing Tums can't handle.
- Haven't had any bad head aches.
- I haven't been too insane, or emotional. I mean I was already pretty insane and emotional before so...
Look at me being positive!
Now the negative.
I'm SO sick of trying to find something decent to wear over this large stomach. Nothing really looks great. I don't have much to wear, and definitely don't want to use money to buy new stuff to fit my large self. When I sit it's like my stomach rests on my legs....really annoying. And then there are parts of your body that touch, that should just never touch and it feels weird. I look at myself in the mirror after weighing myself and I think, "Where is all this weight going!" That number is slowing getting more are more depressing. I'm trying to not let it get to me, but come on, that is not easy. Oh and I found myself turning to the side to squeeze through a tight space...ya that didn't work out so well.
Funny story from tonight: When sitting around a table chatting with my 17 year old brother-in-law, 2 other pregnant women, and one women who had just had a baby, we mentioned being "dilated to a 4" and what not. My brother-in-law asks me what those numbers mean. I explained it is how many centimeter you open up inside as you get ready to have the baby. He then says, "That's your cervix right?" I say, "yeah". He then says, "Think about that, your cervix is a champ. It just holds that baby in there the whole time." Haha! best quote ever! "Your cervix is a champ!" It is true though!
Curtis and Emily had their wedding reception tonight. We had a fun time all being together to celebrate. It was a little weird though since they are technically not married yet...they are getting married tomorrow in Logan. So the sparkler send off had a little acting involved. Looking forward for the real deal tomorrow! Here are some pics from tonight:
1 comment:
Yay for 35 weeks! You have totally got this! The clothes thing is totally bumming me out but its awesome that you are sleeping so well and I am amazed you don't have stretch marks! I totally got them on my stomach because its so huge, this kid is literally growing outward and my tum tum couldn't handle it. Looks like a tiger scratched me up pretty good. Oh well, I will just consider them battle scars :)
Post a Comment