Monday, December 12, 2011

My Sweet, Thoughtful Husband

I have a very sweet thoughtful husband. He amazes me time and time again at how observant he is of the things I need. He is so much better than me that way.

Yesterday after church he stopped at the mail box, which was out of the ordinary. I'm the mail girl, I always get the mail. I usually don't get Saturday's mail til Monday though. He said there was a gift for me that had come. I was kind of upset, because we aren't doing Christmas gifts for each other this year, since we have a lot of expenses coming our way with the baby....and we just don't need much right now. So I kept asking what it was...but he wouldn't tell me. He told me to get inside and get changed, then he would give it to me. I was trying to think of what it could possibly be. I hear him rummaging in another room and I asked what he is doing. He says "Don't you dare come in here!" I couple minutes later he walks out with his hands behind back, gets down on one knee, pulls out a ring box and says, "Will you marry me?", as I see a ring pop out of the box. I looked at him really confused. He preceded to tell me that he thought it was about the right time for me to have this. I have been trying to wear my wedding rings even though my hands swell really easily now that I am pregnant. I have two rings and I stopped wearing one of them because two was just too tight. So I have been trying to wear the one...but by the end of the day it is very tight and takes some good cold water and soap to get it off.

So...being the very sweet thoughtful husband he is he found me the perfect fake ring to get me through these next couple months! I never like going without my rings. I really like being married. He got it plenty big so that when I swell it doesn't get too tight. He got a sterling silver one, so that it wouldn't turn my finger green, he search long and hard to find a style that would suit me, and since it was a fake diamond he figured, "Heck I'll get a 3 carat so it's really fun and flashy." After he saw how big 3 carats really was he just kept laughing saying that it was maybe too big. I think it's awesome.

He sure knows how to make a girl feel special, pretty, and loved. I love him so much. It was a pretty simple thing, but it was SO thoughtful, and I really appreciate that. I don't think I could ask for a better husband. LOVE!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! What a pleasant surprise that must have been. Chris is awesome!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

So cute. :) When you said you saw a ring pop out of the box I thought you were talking about the candy ring pop. Now I understand!