Thursday, December 1, 2011

31 Weeks & Downhill


So I'm not feeling super happy and upbeat today...so this post probably won't be too positive. Today was just one of those days when he just want to go get in your bed and not think about anything.

So Monday we had our last prenatal class all about breast feeding. Exciting! It was definitely helpful. She gave us a few pointers...and we watched a video that exposed way too many women. But I guess it helps to just see the real thing? I swear our teacher was maybe 30 and she told us she was pregnant with her 8th child! This is just my opinion, but I think she is crazy. She basically told us that our lives will suck for the first week to a month after birth, but it gets a lot better after that. Awesome.

I don't know if it is just this week but maybe this whole 3rd trimester is getting to me now. I worried that it will just go downhill from here. I hope not! I have felt a lot more tired than usual. And Zumba is getting a little big harder for me. I'm getting a bit more self conscious about the way I look. I went into the mall today to get a couple things for Chris's birthday and kind of wanted to cry. I just wanted to go shopping and get cute clothes with normal shapes, from normal stores.

I got home and I was going to make this good tortellini soup then realized I didn't have the onion I needed.....and that for me was the end of the world. I didn't want to go to the store to get the onion. I didn't even want to make the soup now if I had the onion. I was starving but didn't know what to eat. I didn't even want to wait for Papa John's to deliver a pizza. So I just sat on the couch for a little while....cried a little bit. Until I was so starving I though I was going to die. So in my awesome, over sized Canada sweats and Chris's hoodie I jumped in my car sped (seriously sped) to the closest Little Caesers Pizza and got myself a hot and ready pepperoni pizza. They guy asked me how my night was. I looked him, frowned, and gave him a thumbs down. He said "Why? Just one of those days." I said, "Yep." He was very nice and tried to cheer me up reminding me how exciting being pregnant and having a baby is. He just didn't know that I was more scared than excited. I smiled and chatted with him though. He tried.

Another thing that has made me unhappy this week. Yesterday I was pulling my shirt over my massive stomach when my finger nail was ripped off. I had snag in it and it caught on my shirt and ripped completely off and it was WAY to low for comfort. I just started screaming til my husband came to the rescue. Still hurts. Then when I was in Little Caesers I ripped another nail off! I don't even know how! Luckily it wasn't quite as low and painful. But still annoying. Also when standing in my nice warm shower this week I had the thought, "Will I ever enjoy a nice long, warm, relaxing shower once the baby comes?" I hope so because I love showers. I have had the same thoughts about sleeping. Don't worry, everyone and there dog reminds me pretty much on a daily basis that I will not get any sleep once the baby comes. I kind of want to punch them to be honest. I know, I realize that...and I'm kind of sad about it. So you don't need to remind me constantly. I LOVE sleep. At this point I am still enjoying it. I hope I can enjoy it for 2 months longer.

Here is me devouring the pizza I got. I ate half the pizza in probably 3.5 minutes. Not even joking. It was delicious. Do I regret it?....a little.

Here is the soup we made earlier this week. It was SO good. I ate it for 3 meals. Best when you put lots and lots of cheese in it....and I'm getting self conscious about the way I look? Maybe if I didn't eat like cheese and food in general were going out of style I wouldn't have such a problem. But on days like this I say...screw it! I'll eat whatever I want!

Note: I am excited for this baby to come. I don't want you to think I'm going to be a horrible mother that doesn't love their child. It was just one of those weeks....ya know?

No comments: