Wednesday, December 7, 2011

32 Weeks & True Love

Pretty sure each week my picture is going to get worse and worse. Sheesh, I don't know if I can keep posting them at this rate. Whatever I did with my hair that day looks atrocious.

This week has been a fairly slow week, which isn't bad. Except for when you sit at work for 8 hours a day and it goes slow you kind of want to die. Part of me is really, really, REALLY ready to be done with work...a small part of me will miss little bits of it. But only little bits.

I had a doctor's appointment this week. Everything is good and on track. I currently have no stretch marks and I'm super happy about that. Knock on wood....I know I still have quite a bit of stretching to do. My mom said she never got stretch marks, so hopefully I really do have her genes and I don't get them either. From now on I hope only the baby gains more weight and I do not. Well, technically I gain if she gains...but you know what I mean.

This week I have just really loved my cute husband Chris. I always love him, but I just feel even more warm and fuzzy about him this week. He's such a great husband. He doesn't go a day with out saying, "You're so beautiful," or "I'm so in love," multiple times a day. It makes me really happy. Even when I think I look absolutely horrendous after I take my make-up off at night, or when I wake up in the morning, he tells me I'm beautiful. Makes me feel really good, even if look in the mirror and think he's lying. He also tells me all the time that he would do anything for me, and I really do believe him. He really would. The time I knew for sure he was telling me the truth about that was probably within the fist year we were married. We lived in our very cold basement apartment. I was sitting at my desk doing homework with the space heater blowing right on me, but I couldn't warm up. I looked at him and said, "Chris I'm so cold, will you warm up me feet?" Without hesitation he got down on his hands and knees and started blowing warm air on my feet. I was shocked and in disbelief, but from then on I knew that when he said he would do anything for me, he really meant it! I love him so much, bust husband ever!

At least every few months we replay the story of how we fell in love as we talk and cuddle in our big, wonderful, comfortable bed. The story hasn't changed, but I think for some reason we both like to hear how it all went down, how each of us felt, at different points. We discuss our "magical" fist hug after we had been apart for 2 years. When he "knew" I was the one he was going to marry. How I knew long before he did that I either had to marry him, or someone just like him. How he literally wouldn't stop kissing me after he first kissed me. I love hearing about it all again, and thinking back to all the feelings. Kind of goobery, but we love each other a lot. It's really weird to think back to 5th grade, or even as juniors in high school and see us marrying each other back then. We would have never thought....

True Love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like that shirt you are wearing! And wonderful husbands are a necessity when pregnant, especially when pregnancy has left you feeling far from sexy but they still tell you you're beautiful. Also, working while pregnant is kind of the worst. I cannot wait to be done!

josh.kyla.avery said...

No stretch marks! How did I get soooo unlucky?! I guess going from 125 to 175 in 9 months isn't all that natural though...and oddly I got them everywhere except my belly. They are reappearing already in this pregnancy and I am not very happy about it :(