Friday, October 12, 2012

Embarrassing #1

So I was recently reading a blog of someone where they shared one of their most embarrassing moments. I thought that was a fun thing to share. So I will share mine. I have two. Very different but both extremely embarrassing.

Embarrassing Moment #1

I believe I was in 8th grade at Oak Canyon Jr. High. I was in P.E. class. Our P.E. class was in the gym. I went into the locker room and changed into my gym clothes which consisted of a T-shirt and  black snap pants. You know the kind of pants that have snaps all the way down the legs? They got cool right around this time (at least that's what I thought), and I had a pair. The girls class was on one side of the gym, the boys class was on the other side, with a big divider that came down from the ceiling to separate the gym. Well this day was running day. I think we were running the mile around the gym. So they lifted up the divider so that the boys and girls could all run together around the entire gym. But they didn't  lift the divider all the way up, just enough so that everyone could run under it.

adidas 100G <em>Snap Pant Women's Black</em>/White/White Size M
Snap side pants.

Now Jr. High...... Really some of the most awkward years possible. I was just trying to figure myself out. I wanted to be cool so bad. I wanted all the cute boys to like me. But I as weird, and awkward, and not cool, and the boys didn't like me. But I still kept trying.

So back to the running around the gym....we were all running around the gym, boys and girls. As we were running around the gym some of the boys started jumping up and hitting the divider that was hanging down as they would pass under it. I watch them a couple of times, and thought, "Hey I could probably jump up and hit that too. I'm pretty tall!" I mean I did go through puberty in 6th grade (worst year of my life!) and was taller than most of the boys. So...as I got nearer to passing under the divider I got up my speed...ran, and jumped!

Now this is wear it all happened. Let's break it down in slow motion. When you jump you usually swing your hands/arms back behind you and quickly move them forward to give you some momentum. That's exactly what I did. But as my hands swung from the back of me to the front of me my thumb got caught between a couple of the snaps on my pants and...POP! POP! went the first few snaps and DOWN dropped my pants. MORTIFIED!!!

Now a smart person would have worn some shorts underneath their snap pants...but I didn't. So there I stood in my UNDERWEAR! In a gym full of boys and girls in Jr. High. Now you better believe that I grabbed those pants and pulled them up as fast as a possibly could, and walked off to the side of the gym. Some girls were with me (don't remember who), and tried to comfort me. I was crying and laughing at the same time. I was so incredibly embarrassed, but at the same time I realized it was kind of funny. It would have been a lot more funny if it was just girls, but there was a huge group of boys running right behind us, that got the most amazing show. GAG! Seriously? It's like a nightmare. It should be in a movie. Seriously some of the things that have happened to me are definitely movie material.

No comments: