| Can't get any cuter than this. |
Brief Back Story
Aili's cardiologist after her last cath told us that they were going to be sending all of Aili's information to Dr. Hanley (The surgeon that did Aili's open heart repair surgery) to get his opinion on if they should keep doing caths, or if he thought he could do something surgically to help. We have been waiting 3 weeks to hear back. I tried not to think about it too much. I prayed a whole ton these past weeks for her pulmonary and lung arteries to start growing and expanding and relieving the pressures in her heart.
The News
We heard back from the cardiologist today, he spoke with Dr. Hanley, good news, and bad news.
The good news is that he doesn't think that she has any narrowing with the arteries further into her lungs. Which is GREAT because there isn't really anything they can do about that. He also thinks that he can get her pressures back down to be normal. Which is EXCELLENT because they are 3 times what they are suppose to be right now...and that is not good at all. High pressures can lead to heart failure.
The bad news that makes my heart drop to the floor, and makes me feel sick is that Aili will be having her 2nd open heart surgery on May 22nd, just a month away :( . We really didn't think we would be going back for another open heart surgery this soon. But that is what Dr. Hanley suggested, and he is awesome and we totally trust that he can work miracles. He already has!
Aili's cardiologist said that we must have it in good with Dr. Hanley, because he is a busy guy and it is hard to get in with him so quickly. Obviously this is a huge blessing that he can get her in that soon to take care of her sweet little heart. Dr. Hanley will plan on replacing the conduit that has 2 stents in it right now, with a bigger one, and doing work to open up her pulmonary arteries. He said he was confident that he could get her pressures back down to normal. Which is FANTASTIC news.
My Reaction
Overall I am very happy about the news. I'm I looking forward to Aili having another open heart surgery so soon? No. It makes me sick, and breaks my heart. Just thinking about my baby going through that again makes me so sad, BUT I know that this is what is best for her. Even though it is really hard, and I still cry about it, I feel pretty calm about it at the same time. I know this is an answer to our prayers. I know that Aili will be in the BEST care at Lucile Packard Children's Hosptial, and that she has THE BEST hands and brain working on her. I know that this is what Aili needs to be in tip top shape and have the strongest best heart ever!
This surgery is not as invasive as the last one. They said her recovery would be a lot shorter, about a week. She was out of the hospital 9 days after the last one though and they told us at least 2 weeks....so she will probably rock this one too! Aili is my rockstar and hero. We definitely didn't think we would be going back to Stanford so soon we were hoping 3-5 years, but we know God had a plan for our little Aili and he knows what is best for her, and this is what is best.
So....in relation to my last post....I will lean on the faith I have to get me through this. It will not be easy, but I can do it. We can do it as a family. I have the best family anyone could ask for and I love them so much! We would of course appreciate all the prayers we can get. Even though we are very positive that this surgery will go amazingly well, it is still open heart surgery, and is scary. Thank you for all the love and support!
4 comments:
Oh Jessica, I don't know how you do it. That's all you can do is rely on our Heavenly Father. He provides miracles through faith. I'll be praying for her. What a sweetheart.
We will keep Aili in our prayers! She's such a beautiful little girl and so lucky that she has you two as parents! Best wishes in the coming weeks.
So sorry her surgery has come up again so soon. At least at this age, they don't really remember anything yet about their surgeries! Will be praying for Aili and you too.
I think most of the peoples are likes your informational post, because its having the useful informative post.
Open Heart Care
Post a Comment