Monday, April 8, 2013

A Mother's Prayer

I have seen this printable all over Pinterest from this past conference. I have also pinned it myself. I LOVE it some much. Every time read it, or think about it makes cry. I'm crying right now.



Oh how I hope that is true. Sometimes I pray so hard hoping that that I'm righteous enough, and have enough faith that my prayers with be answered. The way you prayer when you are a mother totally changes.

Chris and I were talking once about how much we worry about Aili, and no matter what is going on with her, or how old she is we will never stop worrying. We will never stop praying for her.

General Conference was so great this weekend. I loved it. I need to read/re-watch a lot of it....without the bug awake. If you can have a favorite Apostle, my favorite is Jeffery R. Holland. He is just so amazing. He speaks with such passion, and feeling, that I can't help but listen so intently. I get so excited for his talks, and this conference was no different. This talk was SO for me. He nailed some of my exact feelings. Not doubting the faith that I already have. Some of my favorite parts:

  • "And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief" (Mark 9:14-24)
  • "I would say to all who wish for more faith, remember this man. In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited."
  • "Honestly acknowledge your concerns, but first fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe."
How AMAZING is that! I'm so grateful for out living latter day Prophet and Apostles that speak to us. The strength and encouragement that we get from conference is such an amazing blessing. It will keep me going the next 6 months until the next General Conference. I love this church!

No comments: