Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 Months & Getting Chubby!

Aili had her 2 month check-up with the Pediatrician last week . I was really excited to see how much weight she had gained and how much longer she was. She seemed to be a lot bigger, but I see her everyday so it's hard to know.

So this is how much she has grown:

Aili at her 2 week appointment:
(2/21/12)
Length: 21-1/4 inches 83%
Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz 24%
Head Circ: 37cm 76%
This picture was taken a few days before her 2 week check-up.

Aili at 2 month appointment:
(4/10/12)
Length: 23-1/4 inches 81%
Weight: 10 lbs 7 oz 35%
Head Circ: 15-1/2 inches 66%

These pictures were taken the day after her 2 month check-up. She still has the little band-aids on her legs.


We were really, really, REALLY happy with her weight gain, and so was the doctor. We want her to get is big as possible before her surgery. The last time we went to the doctor before this appointment (we go a lot so it was like 1-2 weeks before this 2 month appointment) the doctor said she was staying right on her 24% weight curve which is great, but that he would love to see her jump up off it too. So when she jumped up to 35% at the 2 month appointment we were all really happy! Her heart works twice as hard trying to pump blood through it so it burns a lot of extra calories. So for her to gain weight like this is awesome. We just need to keep it up now!

I was really nervous about her getting her immunizations too. I thought she would scream bloody murder for a long time, and I just hate seeing her in pain. She did awesome though! She screamed when they first went in, but then calmed down pretty fast. I was so proud of her. She probably thought, "I have had worse". Which is true. Poor thing.

No comments: