Tuesday, November 8, 2011

28 Weeks & Learning


I am officially in my 3rd trimester. That sure flew by. And now more freaking out happens. I'm slowly feeling some more excitement. Between the anxiety I feel little bursts of excitement when I picture what this little girl will look like, and when I think about snuggling up to her and kissing her cute little cheeks....but then the anxiety come back really strong.

This weekend we actually started registering for some baby stuff. I have no idea when a shower will come along with all the holidays coming up. It's hard to fit one more thing into everyone's crazy lives, but at least we started picking out some things we might like. But it also just proved to me how little I know about babies and what they need. I just kind of stood there looking at everything then looked at Chris and said, "Do we need this stuff?". Who knows. I hope some people that do know will help us out.

On Monday we went to our first pre-natal class. The teacher forgot she was suppose to be teaching so there was a lobby full of pregnant women that were getting a little agitated. I think someone called her and she eventually came a little late. Good thing she brought treats and I liked her. It was a good start to the 4 week course. I have a feeling she will be showing videos next week that I won't feel too great about. But it's nice to be sitting there with Chris hearing and learning about that same things. I mean I can Google a lot, and I do, but I know Chris probably isn't Googling a lot of that stuff. So it's nice to be learning and preparing together. I learned that at the AF hospital that they will give you the epidural as soon as you are admitted...that is awesome! No waiting to be dilated to a certain point. I was excited about that. The least pain I feel, the more likely I will have more children than this one little girl. And I still don't get how that child actually comes out of you.....it really is a miracle.

Today I went and did my Glucose screening and RhoGAM workup. I really wish people would stop assuming that I know what I'm doing. I have never gone to the hospital for lab work. I did not know that I needed to check-in at the kiosk. I did not know I had to wait in a different lobby to be called and finish checking in. I did not know that I had to make an appointment to come back to get the actual RhoGAM shot after they took my blood. I did not know where the IV center was to make that appointment. Basically I was just sweating all morning. I felt so stupid, but I really shouldn't, because why would I know that stuff!? Give me better and more direction that just handing me two small pieces of paper and telling me to go do this at 28 weeks. SHEESH! Anyway I eventually got all that done. I was a little worried about drinking the orange glucose drink because so many people online talked about how awful it was. Honestly it just tasted like melted orange popsicle, not bad at all. So now I just have to go back tomorrow morning to get a shot...I think in the butt. But who knows because they don't tell you anything.

Can you believe this girl is already around 13 inches long and 2.5lbs? That's pretty big! I can tell that it is getting more cramped in there for her. I feel her a lot more. And it's less of the quick little kicks and punches and more of the just constant pushing all over the place. On Friday night I layed on the bed and Chris and I just watched my stomach for a good hour laughing our heads off. She was seriously going nuts inside me. Watching my stomach deform like that was quite amusing.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

You look so cute! And as far as what you need for the baby, we learned as we went. But the biggest thing we learned is while all the fancy things are great, they aren't necessary. Don't stress. The baby just needs diapers, clothes, food and a place to sleep. The rest you will figure out as you go. A lot will just depend on what you and Chris want to do. There were things that people just loved that I didn't. You will figure it out and you and Chris will be fantastic parents!

Kali said...

remember you can borrow my stuff! i have a swing and a bumbo and a jumper and a boppy and whatever else you can find in my storage. :) seriously come get it anytime.