I felt way guilty about buying a costume that wasn't exactly cheap. In my family we never bought Halloween costumes, and if we did it was from Savers, or just certain elements like a hat. We just always put together stuff we had in our house. (My best costume was a gypsy. Moms skirt, scarf, jewelry, lots of make-up and we were good! I was a gypsy many times.) Anyway, the only thing that made be feel better about it was that she was not just going to be wearing it once, but three times. We had many festivities to attend.
The ward Trunk-or-Treat was our first on the list of festivities. I think it was the first ward party we have been to in like....a long time....or ever. I put my Minnie make-up on first so that she understood what I would do to her. I had her lay down and she didn't move a muscle when I put her black nose, and eyelashes on. She loved it! She just looked in the mirror and was so happy. Aili loved seeing all the kids dressed up and running around and saying hi to them. She is so friendly. She always waves and says hi to other kids and a lot of the time they just look at her weird and walk away. It makes me sad for her, because she is so nice.
We had some good chili and other food then we went outside for the trunk-or-treat. Aili would quietly whisper" trick-or-treat" and quietly whisper "thank you". When they handed her the candy she just wanted to hold it instead of put it in her pumpkin bucket.
Our second Halloween festivity was the party and Fishbowl, where Chris and my dad work. They have trick-or-treating all around the office, other treats and games. They really do a great job. They had lots of fun decorations this year. Unfortunately Aili wasn't feeling well so she was pretty ornery. There were lots of kids in really fun costumes. Aili really liked the boy who was pooh bear.
All these pictures of the office party my dad took:
We carved our pumpkins that night after the Fishbowl party. I carved 3 pumpkins...and that was a lot of work. I carved Aili's which of course was Mickey Mouse. It made her very happy. She helped pull out some of the seeds in her pumpkin. It was really cute. I then carved our baby announcement pumpkin....exciting! And then my own. Chris carved his Heisenberg pumpkin, because he was still living in the world of Breaking Bad. Every time we walked out the door or came home she talked about the pumpkins. When they started caving in she would say, "Mickey broken". Even after we threw them away she would talk about how the pumpkins weren't there.
| Does she get any cuter!? |
![]() |
| Pumpkins for a family of 4?! |
I posted the picture of our family bumpkins to Facebook and Twitter just saying they were our awesome family pumpkins. It was funny to see who caught on to the smallest pumpkin with numbers and who did not. For some reason I hate telling people we are expecting. I find in horribly awkward, and I get really uncomfortable. If I could tell everyone, all family included, through a text message I would. We actually told very few people in person this time.
Then it was Halloween day! I'm not going to lie I think we were a little Halloween pooped by the time the actual day rolled around. But Aili loved get all dressed up one more time. We went up to G-pa and G-ma Mitton's for the famous French onion soup in a pumpkin. Seriously so delicious. Then we hit a couple neighbors houses for some early trick-or-treating. Then we danced to "What Does the Fox Say?" multiple times. It was such a beautiful, perfect day for trick-or-treating!
We then headed over to G-ma and G-pa Tanner's to visit and do just a little more trick-or-treating, because you know....her parents need the candy. Aili decided that transferring ALL the candy from the trick-or-treater's bowl into her own bucket was the easiest way...of course! I was expecting to have second dinner at my parents house. My mom usually makes "Halloween soup" because I make her. But she was too busy that day and didn't make it....boo.
We had so much fun! Kids definitely bring the magic back into holidays like this! She loved being Minnie Mouse. She constantly asked for me to draw on a black nose and eyelashes on her for a long time after. To this day (almost 3 months later) she still tries to draw them on herself with crayons and colored pencils. She so silly and cute, I can't stand it. Also, anytime she picks up any kind of basket or bucket she says, "trick-or-treat". I love that she remembers it all! She's the best! We love her so much and we can't believe how cute she is.






2 comments:
Letting you guys know that someone is using an old picture of your daughter to troll likes on Facebook.
If they used my daughter, I would want to know.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=234094140093242
I too saw the photo of your daughter on facebook. It was captioned that: Please Dont Ignore ! His parents can't afford surgery so facebook and cnn are paying half of the expenses
1 like - $1
1 comment - 10$
1 share - 100$
It took a little bit of digging to find your blog. I am thankful that I have. God bless you. ~Randy
Post a Comment