Tuesday, February 19, 2013

January What?

January happened.....I just don't really remember what I did that whole month. The only ideas I have are through photographic evidence (all photos on this post courtesy of my dad Kirk Tanner, thanks dad!). Other than that....the month flew by. Here is a little of what we did. Apparently we did a lot of eating in January.

We had a family dinner at the Pizza Factory and then went to our house to play games afterward. The games were not too successful. I think there was a lot of yelling, arguing and "Shut your mouth!" being said....mostly from me, I'll admit it. We tried playing Scrabble Slam....unsuccessful. People were just making up words left and right....my Father...the worst one. Then we tried to play Clue. I have always loved Clue, but apparently the version I have is the new "hip" version that they tried to make more interesting....FAIL. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! We just took out all the new unnecessary things and played the old version way. 3 people thought they knew who done it, with wha,t and in what room....and they all failed. So with patience I came out on top!

Aili started getting fussy at dinner so we got signing time out...she is glued.


Before Pilvi went home she wanted to have a Finnish breakfast with us. So we got together for a late breakfast the Saturday before she went home. In Finland their breakfasts are more like our lunches. We had yummy open faced sandwiches with fresh bread Pilvi made from scratch. She also made Finnish pancake that is really good, but she says they eat that more for dessert not breakfast. I ate a lot, and it was soooo good!


Makeshift bib.

We had another dinner all together on Sunday and on Tuesday before Pilvi left. We wanted to spend as many nights all together as we could before she left. We also had a little Skyping sesh with Logan, Kristen, and Olin.




And then Pilvi went back home! She was here for 2 months so it was weird that she was leaving. We got so used to her being here...she was just part of the family. She still is...but now she is back to being family living really far away. We will come to Finland soon! We have too! Both Aili and Chris have to go...and I want to go again, since I'm the only person in my family who has only gone once now. See you soon Pilvi!

Sad day, and long flights for her.

No comments: