Well after that first week things have gone a lot better for cute little Aili. After about 2 weeks of being home the pain started to die down and she started to get her appetite back again. We had a doctor's appointment a little over 2 weeks after she came home and she still hadn't really gained weight....but she had just started eating better. She has a doctor's appointment today so I'm hoping she has gained lots of weight! Cross your fingers!
So this is what we have done over the past 5 ish weeks:
We played a lot at home recovering.
Aili went to her first parade....and it was a disaster. My family always goes to the Orem Summerfest parade (except everyone was gone to Germany this year). I like it because I don't have to wake up early for it. We saved our seats on Thursday night. Then on Saturday it was so windy we almost decided to not go. But we really wanted to go so we thought we would just try. We got all bundled all up, because it was freezing in June! We got there over an hour before the parade started and someone had set up there stuff in FRONT of us. I was so mad. Ya, I set up my stuff on Thursday, because I wanted to sit BEHIND you....ya no! So we moved to another spot.
We folded laundry and watched ties go around and around on the fan.
Aili learned how to roll over! I seriously thought this would take forever to do. They told us to start tummy time for 40 minutes a day 2 weeks after surgery. Um ya...impossible. She cried bloody murder doing tummy time before surgery, pretty sure after is going to be worse. And the first couple times I tried were horrifying for both of us. She was still in some pain and I thought I was killing my baby. So we just forgot about it for a little while. Then one day I decided to try it again and she rolled over! When you hate being on your tummy it is motivation to get to your back.
We visited daddy at work for the first time. And she wore her fish shirt to be at Fishbowl, on accident, but still, she fit right in. We didn't get any pictures there, but did a little photo shoot at home afterward, because she just looked so darn cute!
We got dressed up to go to a wedding.
We played on the bed.
Aili went to church for the first time on Father's day. And it was mine and Chris first time back in a long time.
Aili met Tanner for the first time and it was so cute. I wish we had started recording from the very beginning.
We played in the crib and got a new toy...the jumperoo!
We went to Strawberry Days to get strawberries and cream.
.
We cuddled on the couch.Aili went to her second parade. This one was a success! It was our first time going to the Strawberry Days parade. I was worried that it would be way too hot, but being in the shade was great. She lasted 2/3 of the parade until she got too hungry and tired, then we went home.
Now that was a lot of pictures. Now we are all updated!

1 comment:
She really is sooo beautiful and sooo happy!!! I don't know you but you seem like a great mama :)
Post a Comment