Tuesday, August 30, 2011

18 Weeks and Chubby


It's a miracle I'm actually doing a blog post. I don't really know why this is so difficult for me. Probably because I'm not much of a writer. Never has been a strength of mine. But since we have something fairly exciting happening in our lives I though I might try to document it some way.

In May we found out that we are expecting our first baby. We are very excited.....well Chris is really excited. I'm 25% excited 75% freaked out. But seriously I'm really freaked out. It's all just very overwhelming. I have done nothing to prepare so far. I have not purchased one thing. Or done one thing to prepare the room of chaos to be a nursery. I figure once we find out the gender of the little one I can maybe start doing some of that. We find out what we are having on September 19th. I am very excited for that. It will be nice to say him or her instead of it. Then I can narrow my names down by half and baby start thinking about that some more. And maybe start buying some things.

I have come to the realization that I think all these women who love being pregnant and think its a beautiful experience are kind of full of crap and not being realistic at all. I know there are some great things about it. But I think for the most part...at least so far....and I can't imagine it getting to much better...its kind of crap. You feel sick for at least 3 months (lucky me and just felt gross and didn't have to chill at the toilet.) You face bre
aks out and you feel uglier and more of a misfit than when you were in Jr. High school. Then you just start feeling really chubby...soon your clothes don't fit anymore and you have absolutely nothing to wear. So you have to go buy clothes that you don't really feel like you have money for because you have so many other expenses that you are anticipating with this baby. Then you can sleep at night. You get these horrible cramps in your legs at night and you think your dying. And I'm sure as the months go on new horrible things will start happening.

Anyways just my opinion. I don't really sugar coat things. Some people would call me a pessimist I call myself a realist.

In exciting news I have started to feel the baby moving. I would lay down at night and think...was that it? I didn't say anything to Chris or anyone because I just wasn't sure. But now it has definitely become more distinct, and that is exciting. I'm excited to be able to feel it more and more.

So I debated posting baby bump pictures like this or not. I feel very self-concious because I feel very chubby and not cute like many other pregnant women. I thought if I didn't do it I might regret it though. I like seeing other people photos and how they grow. So here it is. 18 weeks!
I was getting ready to go to Zumba...hence the outfit. Please don't judge my already chubby arms, I'm sure they will grow with the chubby bump.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great Jess! I feel huge compared to you! Yes, pregnancy is a strange experience...its just strange.

Alysha and Jason said...

Ha! I love this blog post. Very realistic. :) Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Jessica and Reece said...

Oh stop, you look adorable. And don't worry, I was about 14% excited and 86% freaked out when I was pregnant with Lola. Just enjoy the time together before baby arrives. Also, I didn't do a single thing to prepare until I was well into my third trimester, so you are not alone :)

Ashlee said...

I completely agree! I hated being pregnant and my third trimester was definitely my worst...too many pains to list and you don't sleep longer than 2 hours. But I promise it's worth it :) And with clothes, I made sure to purchase a lot of knit shirts that were banded at the bottom and they lasted all the way to the end. In fast, I still wear them so they've been worth the money! Congratulations!!

josh.kyla.avery said...

Yay! You posted! Pregnancy definitely has a lot of ups and downs (more downs for those of us who are unlucky) but it is totally worth it. I wish I would have taken more baby bump pictures so however chubby you feel (which you totally are not) you will regret it if you don't do it. Hope to see your growing belly soon!

Jen said...

You look so cute! I want to come help you shop, organize, whatever you need!

Liberty said...

YOU make me laugh! And you are TINY! I am so excited for you! I don't know if I can wait until September 17th to find out if it is a girl or a boy!!! I am impressed you're still going to zumba- this baby is going to come out knowing all the zumba moves!!