Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Santa Pics & Christmas Brunch

I saw that a lot of people were doing these cute Santa pics with their kids. When I found out that they were only $25 bucks I decided to sign up to get them done. So we headed over to Thanksgiving point one snowy day to get them done. They gave you the option of using the real Santa or dressing up as Santa yourself. Obviously I dressed up because we know what Aili's reaction is to the real Santa.

It is a super quick in and out process which is why it is so cheap. But you also run the risk of having a super stubborn baby for those few minutes they are taking the pictures, who doesn't smile. The girl taking the pictures was trying everything to get her to smile, and Aili just looked at her like, "I don't know you, why would I smile for you?" So we got a couple cute ones...they weren't the very best. They would have been a lot better if she would have shown her cute smile! I felt like she was just warming up when they ended taking pictures. But it was worth the $25 bucks.






This is the best one because of her expression. It's like "Ah, Santa!"
We went and ate at California Pizza Kitchen that night with my mom, dad and Pilvi because Sean was working that night. This is just a cute picture of Aili sitting in her seat that night:



So since as long as I can remember my dad has been a member of Alpine Country Club. That is why I love to golf, because I have going with my dad since I was like 4 years old. Golfing with my dad is really special to me. I have great memories of it, and we spent a lot of fun daddy-daughter time together doing it. Along with golfing we have also always gone to the Christmas brunch that Alpine has every year. Its a big, nice, buffet of super yummy food. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert...you name it. Santa and Mrs. Clause is always there giving away candy canes and gifts to all the little kids. (It has been the same "Santa" and "Mrs. Clause" every single year since I was little, little. Super impressive. Looked like they had both lost some weight this year, they need to eat more cookies.)

It was important that we made it to the Christmas brunch this year because my dad put is membership up for sale. Really, really sad day. Now that me and my brothers have grown up, gotten busier, moved away, and started having kids, we don't get to go as often, and my dad doesn't get to go as often as he would like, so....it's a good chunk of money every month that often goes unused...especially during the non-golfing months. It is really sad that we won't have the membership anymore. We use to just show up in the evenings without even calling for a tee time and could get on within 5 mins. You can't do that at a public course. We will really miss it. It better not be the end of our golfing though!

Pulling ornaments of the tree. 

She was okay for a few seconds with Mrs. Clause.
...Until Santa started leaning in for the picture.
Me, and Sean sitting with the Alpine Santa for the last time.

Pilvi and Sana. They are pretty tight since they are both live in Finland.
Aili eating Pilvi's necklace.
Aili getting ornery. 

No comments: