Sunday, November 25, 2012

Aili's First Halloween!

Halloween was so fun when we were little kids. Then we grew up and couldn't go trick-or-treating, had no reason to dress up, and sat at home doing nothing on Halloween.... Then we have babies so that it can be fun again! Chris told me we couldn't go trick-or-treating with Aili because she was too small and everyone would know we just wanted the candy for ourselves. I'm not really into the planning months in advance what my child is going to be and making/buying something extravagant...especially since she has no idea what it going on.

My aunt gave Aili a little lady bug costume before she was born. We took some pictures of her in it when she was 2 weeks old, but she was way too small for it. So I figured it would be perfect for Halloween.

The Monday before Halloween Aili had her echo that the sedated her for. That afternoon Chris's work was having a little Halloween party for the families. I was hoping she would be awake and feel well enough to go later that afternoon. Once she woke up form her sedation nap she seemed to be okay so we headed over to the office.

We got LOTS of candy trick-or-treating around the office, but it was quite exhausting. I don't think Aili was feeling 100%, and the office was really hot so I didn't feel 100%. But she sure looked cute!


My brother, sister-in-law and nephew were in town visiting before they moved from Boston to Denver. It was fun to have them here for Halloween.

Olin loves Thomas, and Logan's beard is very real, no costume there.
On actual Halloween, which was like the perfect day right? I don't remember a Halloween having such amazing weather. We headed over to my parents house for Halloween soup (named by me, I'm genius). We celebrated a little bit early birthday for my dad, then headed out to hit a couple of the neighbors houses for trick-or-treating. It was more just so we could show people how cute our lady bug was.

Ready to go trick-or-treating!



Then we headed over to grandma and grandpa Mitton's house to rummage threw their candy.

Silly bug.



4 generations.
Family pumpkins.
It was a long night but we had fun! It will be even more fun next year when Aili understands it a little more.

No comments: