There was a lot of natural light all throughout the hospital. There were a lot of plants and flowers everywhere that just made you happy. The best part is that everyone communicated so well! That was the worst part about Primary Children's. No one communicated internally to each other, and didn't communicate things well to us either. Totally the opposite at LPCH. They did their homework before we came, so they knew Aili's whole story, we just had to expound on a couple things, everyone that was working with us had her information, and they all communicated with each other on what was going on. And they communicated well with us. They let us know what was happening, when it was happening, what to expect, etc. It was great.
I also felt like the cared about the parents, something I did not feel at the other hospital. I know that I'm not the patient, but the patient can't talk and doesn't know what is going on, so basically I'm the patient, you have to talk to me. They also just did little things that made all the difference. Like the bows they would put in Aili's hair, the blankets, name tags, toys they gave her. The beads of courage. It's the little things.
Hallway to Aili's room inside the CVICU.
Door to Aili's room.
Hallway to a set of doors to the CVICU. Where we first saw Aili come up from surgery and saw that her oxygen saturation was 100%.
Nice balcony area on center courtyard.
Waiting/sitting area on the ICU floor.
Center courtyard.
Front entrance to hospital.
I would recommend Lucille Packard Children's Hospital to anyone. It was a great place. It being located in such a beautiful place definitely helped too. Except for the like 100% inflation on food and everything else. Super expensive!One of the last days that Aili was pretty out of it we went and drove down Palm Dr. to take some pictures. It's a really pretty road lined with palm trees and you can see pretty buildings on Stanford campus at the end.
Then we went and saw Aili who looked so pink! People had commented on how pink she looked, but I hadn't really seen what they were seeing until this night.
And then we stopped and got my a Sprinkles salted caramel cupcake before we went back to the hotel...and I wonder why I'm still so chubby?
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear your little girl's surgery went well. I am a fellow heart mom - my little boy Zachary was born with Truncus Arteriosus and had his 2nd OHS this past October. I found out about your blog from my mom who works with Kyla's mom here in AZ. (Hope that made sense). So just wanted to give you some support from another mom who has been there! You'll be amazed at how strong these kids are! Zach was home and trying to jump out of the car 3 days after his last surgery! I hope you are able to find some other heart moms where you live - that is a great support to have - Other moms who have been through all this! If I can ever be of any help please let me know and I'll do as much as I can from here :) You can also check out our blog and see how Zach is doing now at 5. Good luck to you guys and I hope she continues to improve and you have a good trip home.
Post a Comment